Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 26: Jo

Today is my birthday! I'm 23 today. The day went by so fast - my family is a little more split up geographically than normal right now so I spent nearly four hours on the phone talking with different people! Ahhh!!

As a gift to me, I let myself go nuts with mediums, which I LOOOVE doing but lately I've been trying to focus on technique and not sucking (as well as EVERYTHING ELSE lol (art is hard)). So yeah anyway I didn't have time to let it dry again so here's a nasty photo with glare and awfulness.



This character used to be my fave when I was a teenager desperately needing anger management and a grip on life. I always thought 23 was super old and mature so that's how old I thought she should be LOL (and 25 was the age you were meant to be married in my mind - I wonder if I'll be married when I'm 25...? lmao)

This is basically a pool of black and white ink and watercolour. What I'm going to do is go back into her and define form with ink blobs again. Arches watercolour paper is truly amazing - if you tape it down, it completely flattens out, even when it's drenched like this.

To make up for the poopy picture, here's a photo of my pie.

0 woofs: