Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Day 30: Horace, Matlalihuitl, and Karma


Oh, the woes of traditional media. This is charcoal and white conté on red canson paper. When I was finish and went to spray it so it wouldn't smear, the fixatif broke down the white. I tried layering it on again but it doesn't look as good because I was standing outside so I wouldn't suffocate/get cancer from the stuff, so the placement isn't as precise and it messed up the anatomy a little. And then my scanner and camera kept picking up all these spots and variations that my eyes aren't seeing.

So here's a very Photoshopped edit. The original is red but I liked this colour too. Actually, I don't think this looks anything like how it does on paper. Art is dumb! But I did have fun with this, I'm just a little disappointed that both versions got altered.

But other than that! I'm finished!! I feel crazy accomplished, and I'm going to be glad for the rest tomorrow. Or I would be, if there weren't so many things that I've been ignoring to complete the 30 Day Challenge. Haha, oops.

0 woofs: